Jameson Taillon firing strikes!
Jameson Taillon was the hard luck loser despite pitching six innings and striking out ten. Harrisburg shutout the Altoona Curve 4-0 in Taillon’s first start of the season.
In the top of the first, Taillon had a one-two-three inning including getting super prospect Anthony Rendon looking:
The right hander got two more strikeouts in the second inning and stranded Steven Souza
, who sandwiched a double around the two Taillon punchouts.
Harrisburg jumped on the board with the only run they would need on the night. The run scored after Taillon got the first two outs of the inning when he retired Rick Hague
on a flyout and whiffed Caleb Clay
. Brian Goodwin got the action started with a double and then scored on a Jose Lozada single.
In the fourth inning, Souza came back to cause some more damage against Taillon:
- Justin Bloxom strikes out swinging.
- Steven Souza homers (2) on a fly ball to left field.
- Destin Hood pops out to second baseman Jarek Cunningham.
- Jeff Howell doubles (1) on a fly ball to center fielder Mel Rojas.
- Rick Hague called out on strikes.
The fifth inning was a quick one for Taillon.
- Caleb Clay called out on strikes.
- Brian Goodwin flies out to center fielder Mel Rojas.
- Jose Lozada flies out to left fielder Andrew Lambo.
In Taillon’s final inning of work, Anthony Rendon led off with his second walk against Taillon, but the right-hander skirted the damage after a groundout and two more strikeouts ended the threat.
- Anthony Rendon walks.
- Justin Bloxom grounds out to first baseman Matt Curry. Anthony Rendon to 2nd.
- Steven Souza walks.
- Destin Hood strikes out swinging.
- Jeff Howell strikes out swinging.
The box score is here
Topics: Pittsburgh Pirates