For Pittsburgh Steelers fans, the season begins today. The Pittsburgh Steelers start OTA’s and Steeler Coach Mike Tomlin expects to see Ben Roethlisberger. Call me nuts, but I would have loved to not hear Tomlin say the phrase ‘expects to see.’
How about this comment? ”Ben will be here Monday.”
No questions. No legal strategy. No excuses.
We talked about this extensively and came up with ten very selfish reasons why Big Ben needs to be playing football Monday:
10. Winners win. Remember the 35-0 rout (at halftime) of the Ravens in front of the legendary Steelers (minus Lambert) reunion night? Ben is the best money time QB in the NFL. He needs to get dialed into some football. Because you know, football players should focus on one thing, football. It supports the golf habit nicely. Just watch:
09. Charlie Batch? So, you thought the announcement of a two-year deal with Batch just so happened to be announced three days before OTA’s begin? Surely, you know better than that. Batch has thrown 135 passes in his career in Pittsburgh. “I’m excited (the new contract) its’ done.” Yeh, I’m sooo excited too.
08. Batch has thrown two passes for the Steelers in the past two seasons. Sure Batch is a mentor. Sure he’s safe. Sure he has been a capable backup–but that was years ago. Batch is a 35-year old, third string quarterback.
07. Can anyone be positive Batch is healthy? I’m not. The Batch injury history is: leg, knuckle, knee, concussion, knee, collar bone, wrist. He will be 36 on December, 10 2010.
`04. Ben needs to realize a considerable number of people support him. I don’t know what happened and it’s not my business. I just know what I have seen in Ben’s personality and its’ nothing close to what I have heard, read, or listened to during this madness. By my unreliable count, the only Pittsburgh media type that hasn’t jumped on the Bash Ben bandwagon is Mark Madden from WXDX. Madden predicted the charges against Roethlisberger will be dropped.
Remember, Ben has many Akim Haven’s waiting for him.
03. It’s time for Ben to start focusing on football. The big hits are only months away. Are you comfortable with Dixon and Batch taking a hit like this?
00. Let the circus begin.