The Pittsburgh Pirates continued the roller coaster known as the 2010 season. Just when you have the courage to put those hands in the air the Pirates SLAM the brakes on the coaster. It sucks. We put together the video links to our top ten list below for your enjoyment. The Bucs swept the Cubs and followed it up with embarassing fodder for ESPN in the first and last game against the Cardinals.
1. Jeff Karstens pitched like a boss against the Cardinals. [Video]
2. The Bucs swept the Cubs behind a big five-run first inning. [Video]
3. Charlie pitched like Charlie Morton and not Charlie Brown. [Video]
4. Lastings Milledge six four RBI against the Cubs was the offensive performance of the week. [Video]
5. Paul Maholm had a strong start against the Cubs. [Video] No video of Maholm shitting the bed against the Cards. It happens.
6. Andrew McCutchen is killing the ball, he had a 1.346OPS this week. [Video-Mr. Vin Scully with the call]
7. An Andy LaRoche homerun off Ryan Dempster highlighted an eight hit week. [Video]
8. Ryan Church found his homerun stroke, this homer put the Bucs in the lead against the Cubs. [Video]
9. Andy LaRoche provided our out of the week with this play. [Video]
10. Garrett Jones had a serious week with five doubles among his nine hits, collecting eight RBI and an .898OPS. [Video]
Honorable Mention: Andrew McCutchen, the 35th Most Valuable Player in Baseball according to Matt Swartz, somehow missed just one game after this injury scare. [Video]
In case you missed it this week, John Russell’s new book.