Twenty-three runs in eight games won’t get it done Bucco fans. The Bucs fell to the Brewers 6-0 last night in front of baseball fans. Die hard baseball fans. Everyone of them should have had two tickets tucked inside their helmets for future games.
* Doumit threw out his third runner of the season getting Casey in the fifth.
* In the fifth inning, Matt Diaz and Lyle Overbay got hits. Diaz was rightfully put in the lineup after Clint Hurdle slept on the thought of Shaun Marcum’s reverse split.
* Correia was cruising with a no-hitter. He was impressive.
* Shaun Marcum had a perfect game going into the fifth.
* After the Diaz and Overbay hits, Pedro Alvarez struckout to end the rally in the fifth.
* Correia ran into trouble in the sixth inning giving up a double to just called up Jonathan Lucroy to break up his no hitter. A mix-up on a Marcum bunt with Correia and Alvarez was maddening. It put Marcum on first with a single and would prove costly. Neil Walker made a nice play grabbing the ball over his shoulder for the first out. A high fly to right field was caught by Diaz who couldn’t make the throw at the plate. Ryan Braun singled to left. And on a 0-1 fastball, Prince Fielder hit a three-run two out homer to make it 4-0 Brewers.
* An error on Alvarez started the sixth, and led to some exciting baseball action starring Tony Plush. It ended badly for Ryan Doumit and the Bucs.
Hard Nosed Morgan
If Morgan was in black and gold we would love his play. Morgan came in as a pinch runner. A double to left scored Morgan when he ran over Ryan Doumit. It crowned Tony Plush legend by this writer. The Milwaukee faithful from @BrewersBar had already done the deed.
I think I am jealous. No. Never. Morgan is Morgan. But how about this scenario: what if Jason Jarmillo would have ran over Soto in Chicago instead of sliding wide and getting a face full of mitt?
In case you missed why Marcum is so tough to hit despite not having a powerful fastball.
Thanks to jrgsstuff for the reminder of the Suffer Photoshop used above….perfect timing my man.
Minors Quick Blast:
Two more hits by Presley in the Indianapolis loss. Andrew Lambo had three hits. Sean Gallagher took the loss at Indy. Five runs in the first inning.