50 Cent threw out the first pitch tonight at Citi Field in New York. The Mets are quite a mess after firing their hitting coach about 90 seconds after the Bucs defeated them on Memorial Day. With the Mets seeking revenge and trying to turn their season around, 50 took the mound with plenty of cameras waiting for him.
The crowd noise can’t be used as an excuse, the 200 or so fans that did show up seemed to be paying attention and they were in for something hilarious. 50 is in New York to help promote his upcoming concert.
We have a few guesses on just how this went so poorly for the famous rapper:
1. The talented artist has never thrown a baseball.
2. In an attempt to gain more publicity a la Wiz Khalifa’s recent pot bust, 50 decided to throw it as far away from home plate as possible. (I PRAY THIS IS THE CASE.
3. The artist was more concerned with how he looked in front of the photographers rather than where home plate was. The Mets jersey featured the number 50 below 50′s last name “Jackson.” You know, because that’s his real last name. So as far as Mets gear goes, he certainly looked the part.
4. 50 Cent is currently working on his sixth studio album, Street King Immortal, which is to be released in 2014. Perhaps it could have a subtitle, Pitchers Mound Mortal?
4. 50 Cent is just another New York pitcher struggling on the bump at Citi Field this year. (The guy in the Mets jersey behind the home plate screen knows the pain…)
5. He’s not quite sure whether he is a submarine reliever, or a power pitcher and right about the time he was to let go of the baseball he changed his mind?
Of course Forbes to Federal quickly got this vine up of the pitch.
Really nice first pitch by 50 Cent https://t.co/TvHe1A1GjX
— Forbes to Federal (@ForbesToFederal) May 27, 2014
Tags: 50 Cent