Jul 17, 2015; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Milwaukee Brewers left fielder Gerardo Parra (28) celebrates with second baseman Scooter Gennett (2) after defeating the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-1 at Miller Park. Mandatory Credit: Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports
Result: Pirates lose 6-1
Winning Pitcher: Taylor Jungmann (5-1, 2.04 ERA)
Losing Pitcher: Jeff Locke (5-6, 4.01 ERA)
- What went right:
- Jeff Locke had another very good start, going 7.1 innings, allowing three runs on eight hits and striking out three. He also was the only offense, driving in the Pirates only run.
- Jung-ho Kang went 2-4.
- Jaff Decker had a good return to the big leagues, going 1-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- What went wrong:
- The Pirates committed two errors in the field.
- Jordy Mercer was injured when Carlos Gomez slid very early into second base to break up a double play.
- Taylor Jungmann once again befuddled the Pirates, going seven innings, allowing one run on five hits and striking out five.
- The Pirates fell apart in the eighth inning, allowing four runs and effectively putting the game away.