Jun 28, 2015; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Pirates relief pitcher Vance Worley (46) pitches against the Atlanta Braves during the eighth inning at PNC Park. The Braves won 2-1. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
More from Rum Bunter
- Pittsburgh Pirates Add Left-Handed Reliever Via Rule 5 Draft
- Pittsburgh Pirates Rumors: Interest in Catcher Tucker Barnhart
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Bold Strategy to Start at Second Base
- Pittsburgh Pirates Sign Pitcher Vince Velasquez
- Pittsburgh Pirates News: Bucs Sign LHP Reliever Jarlin Garcia
That could have gone better. Following an amazing series against the Cardinals where it seemed like the Pirates got all of the breaks, the Pirates played sloppy baseball and were swept out of Milwaukee. Outside of the first inning of game two, the Pittsburgh Pirates never really controlled any of the games and were completely outclassed by the last place Brewers.
One bad series against the Brewers does not mean that the season is lost in the same way that one amazing series against the Cardinals does not guarantee the Pirates a World Series championship. Baseball is a game of ebbs and flows, and the only thing you can do now is move on and turn your attention to the defending American League champion Royals as the Pirates travel to Kansas City for a three-game inter-league series.
Series result: Pirates lose 3-0
2015 win/loss record 53-38
2015 series record: 15-11-3