Aug 9, 2015; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Pirates right fielder Gregory Polanco (25) and first baseman Sean Rodriguez (3) react after scoring runs against the Los Angeles Dodgers during the seventh inning at PNC Park. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
Result: Pirates win 13-6
Winning Pitcher: Arquimedes Caminero (2-1, 3.88ERA)
Losing Pitcher: Jim Johnson (2-5, 4.18ERA)
- What went right:
- The offense exploded in a big, big way as they scored 13 runs on 16 hits. Most of the damage came in a nine run seventh inning.
- Andrew McCutchen had an MVP-like performance again. Going 2-6 with a home run, four RBI and two runs scored.
- Arquimedes Caminero played the role of settler as he stopped the Dodgers offense in their tracks in relief of Charlie Morton. He went two inning, allowed zero runs on two hits.
- Francisco Cervelli had a huge game as well as he went 3-4 with a home run, three RBI and two runs scored.
- What went wrong:
- Charlie Morton had a very poor outing as he lasted only five inning, allowed five runs on 10 hits and walked three.
- The Dodgers ran wild on the bases as they stole four bases on the night.
- Adrian Gonzalez continued to be a Pirate-killer as he went 2-5 with two RBI and a run scored.
- Michael Morse grounded into a rally killing double play in the bottom of the fifth inning.
Next: Final Thoughts