Aug 16, 2015; New York City, NY, USA; Pittsburgh Pirates right fielder Gregory Polanco (25) hits an RBI single against the New York Mets during the seventh inning at Citi Field. The Pirates defeated the Mets 8-1. Mandatory Credit: Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports
Result: Pirates win 8-1
Winning Pitcher: Arquimedes Caminero (4-1, 3.62ERA)
Losing Pitcher: Bobby Parnell (1-3, 5.59ERA)
- What went right:
- Jeff Locke almost matched Harvey pitch for pitch. He went 5.1 innings, allowed one run on four hits and struck out five.
- Arquimedes Caminero helped Jeff Locke out in a big way, coming into the game and escaping a two-on, one out jam.
- Gregory Polanco had the go-ahead RBI again. He went 2-6 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Aramis Ramirez had his best game since returning to the Pirates. He went 4-5 with three RBI and a run scored.
- What went wrong:
- Chase d’Arnaud was the Mets offense as he went 2-3 with a home run, an RBI and a run scored.
- Matt Harvey had a solid outing as he went six innings, allowed one run on seven hits and struck out six.
- Jeff Locke didn’t bunt with a runner on first and nobody out and hit into a double play.
- There was a 42 minute rain delay.
Next: Final Thoughts