SERIES REVIEW: Pittsburgh Pirates vs Milwaukee Brewers
By Steve Kubitz
4 of 5
Mandatory Credit: Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports
Game Three: Francisco Liriano (9-6, 3.28ERA) vs. Tyler Jungmann (8-5, 2.48ERA)
Result: Pirates lose 5-3
Winning Pitcher: Tyler Jungmann (9-5, 2.42ERA)
Losing Pitcher: Francisco Liriano (9-7, 3.40ERA)
Save: Francisco Rodriguez (33, 2.45ERA)
- What went right:
- Jordy Mercer played very well and continued to silence his critics. He went 2-2 with an RBI, two runs scored and two walks.
- Michael Morse was very good off the bench again. He went 2-2 with a run scored.
- Josh Harrison threw out Elian Herrera had home plate.
- Antonio Bastardo had a very good relief outing. He went one inning and struck out two.
- What went wrong:
- Tyler Jungmann had another good outing against the Pirates. This time he went six innings, allowed one run on three hits and struck out three.
- Hernan Perez had a very good game. He went 3-3 with two RBI and a run scored.
- Domingo Santana was also very good for the Brewers, because why not? He went 2-3 with a home run, an RBI and two runs scored.
- Francisco Liriano was not very sharp. He wasn’t terrible but he did not have his best control. He went five innings, allowed four runs on seven hits and walked four.
Next: Final Takeaways