The Pittsburgh Pirates Top 5 Home Runs of 2015
1 of 6
As we celebrate the final day of 2015, let’s take a look back at the 5 biggest home runs of the Pittsburgh Pirates 2015 season.
The list is based off of Win Probability Added, a stat that quantifies each play’s impact on the outcome, so these are the home runs that had the most influence on a game at any point in 2015. First, just a few tidbits about Pirates’ home runs last season:
- The Pirates hit 140 home runs in 2015
- 29 home runs were hit in August, the most of any month
- 72 were hit at PNC Park vs 68 on the road
- The Brewers gave up 18 of those home runs, the most of any team
- The Pirates hit 33 home runs on the first pitch, the most at any count
- 32 of their home runs came in a tie game, the most at any score difference
- Kyle Kendrick allowed more home runs to the Pirates than any other pitcher, with 5
Now, let’s get right into the list.