The Trade Deadline is on August first this year. The Pirates still have a couple weeks to do their homework on several more candidates. I also expect the Pittsburgh Pirates to sort through the bullpen market also. With that it seems that adding a starting pitcher is the top priority and will get done in some fashion or another.
More from Rum Bunter
- Pittsburgh Pirates Prospect Stockwatch: Outfielder Tres Gonzalez
- Pittsburgh Pirates Podcast: Rum Bunter Radio Talks Winter Meetings Fallout
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Potential Leadoff Hitters in 2023
- Pittsburgh Pirates: The Rotation is not being Improved
- Pittsburgh Pirates Make Vince Velasquez Signing Official
Also deals do not have to only happen July 31st and August 1st. Last year several players got dealt before the deadline. Last year we saw the Pittsburgh Pirates acquire Aramis Ramirez on July 23rd. If the right deal comes to fruition the Neal Huntington will get try to get it done sooner rather than later.
However, do not get overly excited. The Pirates are going to do their due diligence on as many players as possible as the deadline approaches. Last year the Pirates scouted Clay Buchholtz and David Price, neither one of them ended up here. Rumors are gong to swirl, do not get your heart set on a specific transaction. Just look forward to the Pirates being on the buying side of things and looking to add.
Feel free to comment below on who you would like to see added!