Once a week there will be a Pittsburgh Pirates Prospect roundup on the minor leaguers in the Pirate’s farm system and their stats. It is September and the minor league season is ending. Some of teams are already done, while others are preparing for their playoffs.
These articles contain the top 30 prospect’s for the Pittsburgh Pirates and their main stats for the season thus far. This will give you an easy and accessible page to view a prospect’s roundup and how they are doing on the year. The hitter stats will include batting average, RBIs, and OPS, some will have home-runs if they are suppose to be power hitting prospects. Pitcher stats will include their win-loss record, ERA, and their strike outs to walks on the season.
The site contributors got to together and created this list after putting together a formula that consists of a number of stats, intangibles, and watching film on them. The stats that were used were based on their previous season performance and their career stat lines. With that being said, stats make up the bulk of how they are rated. Through this we put the Pittsburgh Pirates prospects in a tiered system, but for these updates it will be easier to use the traditional 1-30 rankings:
Due to trades, former Pittsburgh Pirates prospects Reese McGuire and Harold Ramirez were removed; because of that, Taylor Hearn and Dovydas Neverauskas were added. Jordan Luplow and Max Moroff were lowered to accommodate the two new adds. Being that this is likely the last prospect round-up, Stephen Tarpley will not be replaced on the list.
- RHP Tyler Glasnow, AAA: 7-3, 1.89 ERA, 125K/58BB, 19starts
- OF, Austin Meadows, AAA & AA: .234BA, 21 RBI, 5 HR, .815 OPS & .311 BA, 23 RBI,6 home runs, .976 OPS : 15 Day DL: Hamstring
- 1b Josh Bell, AAA: .295BA, 60RBI, 14 home runs .850 OPS; IN MLB
- 3b Ke’Bryan Hayes, A-: .263BA, 37 RBI, 6 home runs, .711 OPS: DL Rehabbing
- C, Elias Diaz, AAA: .272 BA, 10 RBI, .599 OPS, 24 games
- 2b Alen Hanson, AAA: .266 BA, 32 RBI, .707 OPS: IN MLB
- LHP Steven Brault, AAA: 2-7, 3.91 ERA, 81k/35BB, 16 games and 15 starts
- RHP Nick Kingham, Rehab AA,1-0, 1.50 ERA, 4K/1BB; A+ 2-0, 0.00 ERA, 10K/1BB; GCL 2 GS 11 IP; 0-4, 3.00 ERA, 12k/1BB, 6 GS 24 innings
- SS Kevin Newman, AA & A+: .292, 27 RBI, .745 OPS & .366, 24 RBI, .922 OPS
- RHP Mitch Keller, A+ & A-: 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 7K/1BB, 1 start; 8-5, 2.46 ERA, 131K/18 BB, 23 starts
SS Cole Tucker, A+ & A-: .236, 25 RBI, .603, & .262, 2 RBI, .750 OPS
- LHP Stephen Tarpley, A+: Officially Traded to New York Yankees part on Nova Deal
- RHP Chad Kuhl, AAA: 6-2, 2.55 ERA, 60k/16BB,15 start: MLB
- RHP Clay Holmes, AA: 10-9, 4.27ERA, 98K/59BB, 25 starts
- OF Willy Garcia, AAA: .245, 41 RBI, .658 OPS
- RHP Yeudy Garcia A+: 6-8, 2.77 ERA, 122K/53BB, 24 starts (25 games) *
- RHP Trevor Williams AAA: 8-6, 2.68 ERA, 64K/29BB, 18 starts 19 Games
- OF/INF Adam Frazier, AAA: .333, 22 RBI, .827 OPS ; IN THE MLB
- RHP Tyler Eppler, AA: 9-10, 4.14 ERA, 99K/29BB, 26 starts
- LHP, Taylor Hearn, A-: 1-1, 2.04 ERA, 27 strikeouts to 9 walks (17.2 IP, 7 games 2 start)
- OF Barrett Barnes, AA: .310 BA, 47 RBI, .859 OPS
- 2b/3b Kevin Kramer, A+: .280, 56 RBI, .737 OPS
- RHP Dario Agrazal, A-: 7-12, 4.44, 83K/18BB, 26 starts
- RHP Gage Hinsz, A-: 5-8, 3.77 ERA, 61k/21BB, 16 starts
- LHP Brandon Waddell, AA & A+: 7-9, 4.23 ERA, 89k/59BB, 20 GS 21 games & 4-0 ,0.93 ERA, 26k/2bb, 5GS
- OF/3b Jordan Luplow, A+: .248 BA, 50 RBI, .762 OPS
- 1b Jose Osuna, AAA & AA: .305, 7 home runs, 31 RBI, .852 ; .271 BA, 38 RBI, 6 home runs, .767 OPS
- RHP, Dovydas Neverauskas, AAA: 3-4, 3.60 ERA, 24 strikeouts to 11 walks (25 games)
- 2b, Max Moroff, AAA: .230 BA, 44 RBI, .718 OPS
- Relief RHP, Edgar Santana, AAA: 0-0, 5.40 ERA, 11K/5BB, 11 Games 13.2 IP.
Also, do you want to know more?
Give comments below about the prospects roundup and your thoughts on how they are performing thus far. You can also ask questions about specific prospects on the prospects roundup if you would like to know more about them.
Furthermore, Pittsburgh Pirates Draft Picks will have their own weekly stat update on Thursdays.
In addition, All Stats are Courtesy of Baseball Reference
Finally, Stats Based on entering play on the day of the post