Pittsburgh Pirates: Double-A Altoona Player Awards
The Altoona Curve had a successful season winning 76 games and reaching the playoffs. The team was made up of a lot of moving top prospects. Most of these prospects made a strong impact on the team. The team also was backed up of a lot of experienced inning eating pitchers. Prospects like Tyler Eppler and Clay Holmes battled all year and kept their team in games.
More from Rum Bunter
- Pittsburgh Pirates Prospect Stockwatch: Outfielder Tres Gonzalez
- Pittsburgh Pirates Podcast: Rum Bunter Radio Talks Winter Meetings Fallout
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Potential Leadoff Hitters in 2023
- Pittsburgh Pirates: The Rotation is not being Improved
- Pittsburgh Pirates Make Vince Velasquez Signing Official
Next year they likely will have Kevin Newman back, and will see a lot of the top prospects from High-A join their team. Players like Yeudy Garcia, Kevin Kramer, and Jordan Luplow will make the jump to Altoona.
This concludes the Double-A Altoona Awards. Next up will be Triple-A Indianapolis Indians. The best part of this team entering the season was their pitching staff. Making up the staff was five top 20 prospects in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization. They also had a few top hitting prospects led by Josh Bell, along with organization prospects Alen Hanson, Willy Garcia, Adam Frazier, and Max Moroff.
The Triple-A awards will be the last of the minor league affiliates. After that there will be an article on the overall awards for the Pittsburgh Pirates minor league players of the year.